Friday, August 12, 2011

Long time, no say...

Hi!

Yes, yes. I realize, it has been a while. A lot has happened since the last time I posted. First, I became very, very busy. Then I became a traveler. Then I came back home and rested from all the busy and all the travel. And now I'm about to be a traveler again, and then be very, very, VERY busy...again.

If you're out there and you're reading this and you don't already know, I got my job back! That would have been the situation in the aforementioned "War of My Life" post that began this blog. I had been deemed unemployed and didn't know what to do, but just shortly after I found myself in such straits, I was returned to the land of the working. However, I don't actually have a position yet because my position was promptly handed off to someone else as soon as I was removed from the job. Nevermind that I was back in the saddle two days later. No matter- it's a good great thing that I'm not at that school anymore.

So, just for giggles, let's recap Jessica's summer (even though she has about two or three weeks of it left!):

1. Went to Austin, Texas for two weeks. One of the most amazing trips of my life.
2. Came home to find I actually did not lose my job. However, discovered this while applying for unemployment and trying to shift status at the district to substitute availability. As a result:
3. Saw the Dr. for a TB test and quick check-up.
4. Found out: don't have TB.
5. Went home to Tennessee for two weeks. Scored $400 Delta dollars for giving up my seat on a tiny plane from Atlanta to Chattanooga. Also scored a (very short) night's sleep in a pretty swanky Holiday Inn Express.
6. Did not feel smarter the following morning.
7. Went to Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with great friend and 'Mate, Johnny. Ate at the Apple Barn and visited a place I always wanted to go: WonderWorks (yes, it really is upside down)
8. Returned to LA, unpacked, have been cleaning and getting ready for wherever it is I might go this year.
9. Received August paycheck which confirms that, yes, I DO have my job back.
10. Paid August bills.
11. Didn't complain once.
12. Have seen (this week): Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, Crazy, Stupid, Love, and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Cowboys and Aliens is on tomorrow's agenda. I think.

And here's the plan for the future:

1. I'm going to be a camp counselor! I've always wanted to do it and the timing or opportunities were always off. Was asked last week, leave Sunday. SO EXCITED.
2. Several more movies to see, including: The Help, One Day, and one or two others, I'm sure.
3. Some sort of touristy things in my own city.
4. Korean spas...at least once before school starts again.
5. TERRA NOVA!! (I'm teaching this year!)
6. New teaching adventure.

See? Very, very, very busy. And that doesn't even include the fall camping trip to San Diego for the Zoo and Wild Animal Park. OR the Great Girls' Getaway in the Spring of 2011 to Mexico on a Carnival Cruise ship!

Very, very busy. And very, very, VERY blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment